Ali and Associates, Checklist
Tax filing checklist
- Social insurance number
- Personal data and previous Notice of Assessment
- Income T-slips (T4s, T5s, etc.)
- Reciepts of any other income (worldwide)
- Reciepts for tax deductions, including charitable donations, medical expenses, childcare, transit pass, etc
- Investment slips and reciepts including RRSP and TFSA contributions
- Your tax package sent by CRA (if applicable).
Frequently Asked Questions
What are tax-slips?
Slips are prepared by your employer, payer, or administrator. You should have received most of your slips (including your T4, T4A, and T5 slips) and receipts by the end of February. However, T3, and T5013 slips do not have to be sent before the end of March.
What if I am missing a slip? If you have not received, or have lost or misplaced a slip, you have to ask your the issuer (i.e. your employer) for a copy of the slip. Alternatively, check your CRA My Account to see if your slips are available online. Ali and Associates can do this step for you on your behalf.
What income should I file? Most monetary amounts you recieve in a given year must be reported as income. As a resident of Canada, you have to report your income from all sources, both inside and outside Canada. Report all income in Canadian dollars. …